Binge Eating Disorder Treatment
What is Binge Eating Disorder?
- BED is a serious mental illness characterised by frequent episodes of binge-eating without compensatory behaviours (such as purging or over-exercising)
- Binge Eating involves two key features:
- 1. Eating a very large amount of food within a relatively short space of time
- 2. Experiencing a sense of loss of control while eating
- People with BED usually feel a strong sense of guilt and shame about their eating habits.
- Binge episodes often occur during times of stress or heightened emotion.
- BED can occur in both males and females, and across all ages.
- Binge Eating Disorder is very treatable and a full recovery is possible even after many years of living with the illness. Through the process of treatment a person with BED will learn how to replace their unhealthy eating habits with more helpful coping strategies, and will learn how to get back in touch with hunger and fullness and to trust their bodies again.
All of the Clinical Psychologists at Shape Your Mind are experts in the treatment of eating disorders and have extensive experience with inpatient, day patient and outpatient settings. We also work with very experienced dietitians, GPs and psychiatrists, as a team approach tends to give the best possible outcomes.
The cost of individual sessions is $215. With a referral from your GP. Medicare offers a significant rebate for 10 sessions per year.
*Medicare will not offer a rebate for Skype or phone sessions at this stage.
Shape Your Mind offers face-to-face treatment in their Sydney clinic, or via Skype.
For more information or to book an appointment, please give us a call on (02) 9230 0786
To book a consultation please fill out your details below and we will be in touch soon.