What is Disordered Eating?
- Disordered eating is when a person regularly engages in unhealthy and destructive eating behaviours such as restrictive dieting, compulsive eating or skipping meals.
- Disordered eating can include behaviours that reflect many (but not all) of the symptoms of eating disorders such as Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa and Binge Eating Disorder
- Disordered eating can have a destructive impact upon a person’s life and has been linked to a reduced ability to cope with stress.
- While it is important to engage with treatment as soon as possible so that disordered eating does not turn into a full-blown eating disorder, disordered eating can be very destructive in its own right.
- Full recovery is possible from disordered eating with the right support and treatment.
All of the Clinical Psychologists at Shape Your Mind are experts in the treatment of eating disorders and have extensive experience with inpatient, day patient and outpatient settings. We also work with very experienced dietitians, GPs and psychiatrists, as a team approach tends to give the best possible outcomes.
The cost of individual sessions is $215. With a referral from your GP. Medicare offers a significant rebate for 10 sessions per year.
*Medicare will not offer a rebate for Skype or phone sessions at this stage.
Shape Your Mind offers face-to-face treatment in their Sydney clinic, or via Skype.
For more information or to book an appointment, please give us a call on (02) 9230 0786
To book a consultation please fill out your details below and we will be in touch soon.