Eating Disorder Treatment
What is an Eating Disorder?
- An eating disorder is a serious mental illness
- It is NOT a lifestyle choice or just a diet gone too far
- Eating disorders are associated with significant physical and psychological consequences
- The mortality rate for people with eating disorders is the highest of all psychiatric illnesses
- Eating disorders affect both men and women of all ages and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Many people with eating disorders also have difficulties with depression, anxiety and substance abuse.
- The four recognised eating disorders according to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM V) are
Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder and Other Specified Feeding and Eating Disorder (OSFED – previously known as Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified (EDNOS))
All of the Clinical Psychologists at Shape Your Mind are experts in the treatment of eating disorders and have extensive experience with inpatient, day patient and outpatient settings. We also work with very experienced dietitians, GPs and psychiatrists, as a team approach tends to give the best possible outcomes.
The cost of individual sessions is $215. With a referral from your GP. Medicare offers a significant rebate for 10 sessions per year.
Shape Your Mind offers face-to-face treatment in their Sydney clinic, or via Skype.
For more information or to book an appointment, please give us a call on (02) 9230 0786
To book a consultation please fill out your details below and we will be in touch soon.